Phenotypic Screening: See your cells
Screen the cellular phenotypes of compound libraries in multiple dimensions.
The NL-Openscreen high-content microscopy site will follow the effects of compound libraries on fluorescently modified cells in multiple dimensions. Various cell lines with different fluorescent probes can be used to find the cell biological basis of compound effects on cells. This is coupled to sophisticated image analyses tools to quantify and detect the effects of compounds, as required for further selection.
This process includes the following services:
- Compound library pipetting
- Advice for the construction of fluorescent cell lines
- Multiple multi-coloured cell lines with marked compartments for screening
- High-throughput multi-colour based fluorescence microscopy
- Cell death assays
- Image analyses and data storage
- Confirmatory screening and IC50 determination
- Basic counter screening